Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Chocolate toxicity

got a call today from my client that has a spastic young boxer who ate a pound of See's chocolate yesterday. yep yesterday. so if your pet eats a pound of chocolate you might want to take him to the vet or call me and i can tell you how to make him vomit at home, since that s all the vet is going to do and charge $400 dollars in the end. i checked on him today, way after the fact, and he s going to be fine. prob just a bunch of diarrhea. dogs can't process the caffeine and theobromine in chocolate and here is a list of what can happen: Vomiting Diarrhea Increased body temperature Increased reflex responses Muscle rigidity Rapid breathing Increased heart rate Low blood pressure Seizures Advanced signs (cardiac failure, weakness, and coma) Bolt is one lucky Boxer ..